Strawberry Thyme Cupcakes
Recipe type: Desserts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cups Olive and Then Some California Arbequina or another mild EVOO
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- ¾ cups strawberries, chopped
- Balsamic Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Olive and Then Some Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar Condimento
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together EVOO and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sifted flour mixture and milk aternatingly in 5 parts, beginning and ending with flour (flour, milk, flour, milk, flour).
- Fold in chopped thyme and strawberries.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full and bake for 17-20 minutes, until a skewer poked in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until completely incorporated.
- Whisk in the balsamic vinegar until well incorporated. Whisk in confectioner's sugar.
- Frost cupcakes as desired.