Huli Huli Chicken
Our spin on the classic Hawaiian "Huli-Huli" chicken. And, the best part is that this recipe doesn't require firing up the grill. The results are amazing right out of the oven!
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks, wings, or cut up whole chicken
- Scallions for garnish
- Marinade Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ -1/2 cup Olive and Then Some Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive and Then Some Sesame Oil
- 1-2-more pieces ginger root, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tablespoons Olive and Then Some Baklouti Olive Oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Reserve a few tablespoons of marinade. Pour over the chicken and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (or prepare a grill for indirect cooking) Line a large sheet pan with foil and top with a wire rack. Bake chicken until cooked through and skin is crispy about 45-50 minutes. About 20 minutes through the process, turn the chicken pieces so that they crisp up evenly. Brush with additional reserved sauce as they come out of the oven and sprinkle with sliced scallions.
- Serve with rice, grain or starch of your choice.