Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair
Recipe type: Entrees
- 12 ounce(s) angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoon(s) Olive and Then Some Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup(s) fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- ½ cup(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, lemon zest, crushed red pepper and ½ tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes; stir in the lemon juice.
- Toss the pasta with the shrimp mixture, parsley, remaining ½ Tbsp butter and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water (adding more if the pasta seems dry). Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.